SURREY GYPSY TRAVELLER COMMUNITIES FORUM (SGTCF)
Happy New Year 2020
It is the intention of the remaining forum committee members to continue the work of striving for a better future for Gypsy, Roma, Traveller families within Surrey as a legacy to our dear departed founder member Ann Wilson MBE.
With this in mind, GRT training dates are now being put in the diary starting with a course at Leatherhead in February 2020 with some new trainers from the GRT community.
In addition, it is likely a forum meeting/conference will be arranged later in the year to include the election of a new management committee, details will be posted when available.
We are all in this together – and we are glad you are visiting our site.
The Forum was founded in 1996 to create opportunities for public agencies, charities, interested individuals/groups and Traveller communities, to talk to each other.
Our website is our online meeting place, where we organise our activities, share ideas, and publicise our mission.
We work together to
- Increase understanding within all sections of the wider community to resolve prejudices and ignorance.
- Encourage the flow of information to reduce misunderstandings.
- Provide opportunities to work together to build bridges between different elements of the wider community.
- Identify problems and find solutions to enhance community safety.
- Overcome prejudice, increase understanding of Traveller culture and promote equality of opportunity.