Great advice from NHS Surrey Heartlands
- Flu vaccination information – https://www.surreyheartlands.org/flu-vaccination
- COVID19 vaccination information https://www.surreyheartlands.org/covid19-vaccination-programme
- Health and welfare support – https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/health-and-welfare/support
- Which service to use – https://www.surreyheartlands.org/get-the-right-care-and-support
And the following more detailed resources on keeping warm in winter which might also be helpful:
Mental Health in the GRT Community, read Dee Coopers blog below…
GRT Women’s Health Focus Group
An amazing football opportunity for young people
Palace for Life Social Mobility Programme provides opportunities for young people aged 16-24 to get into education or employment.
Based at the Crystal Palace F.C. Academy, the programme runs 3 days a week for 6 to 8 weeks; where young people will experience a variety of workshops, masterclasses, work experience opportunities and personalised support to help them to reach their goals.
Sessions are both virtual and classroom based and delivered by experienced Palace for Life Foundation staff to follow the programmes’ 4 Steps to Success:
Prospects We understand what you want to achieve from the programme.
- The Right Fit We support you in expanding your skillset and improving your CV.
- My Network You’ll receive opportunities to volunteer and take on relevant work experience in line with your career aspirations whilst receiving 1 to 1 support and mentoring.
- Recognition We help you to get the right qualifications, awards and experiences ready for your next steps.
- All young people on the programme will be provided with 1 to 1 support, personal development and individual goal planning, and the opportunity to receive bursary support towards training and equipment.
If you or anyone you know will benefit from the above please refer to them/you to the programme by filling in the survey, https://app.upshot.org.uk/signup/94c7b628/
WHO CAN MAKE REFERRALS
Young people not in education, training or employment can self-refer, community referral partners.
Refer someone, https://app.upshot.org.uk/signup/94c7b628/
AGE GROUPS 17-25 years
HOW TO FIND OUT MORE
If you like to find out some more information, please contact ETE Coordinator Tom Richardson at TomRichardson@palaceforlife.org
NHS diabetes Prevent Programme in Surrey (click for details)
As we all know, energy prices are rising…
Phone: Call us for FREE on 0800 138 1111 (Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm, Saturday 8am-4pm).
Ever considered FOSTERING?
Learn more from these easy read leaflets…
Covid19 has piled on additional pressures for everyone with arguably greater impact on the GRT community. A new service for those struggling with the challenges to mental health these issues are causing, can seek help from “One Call away”
The Covid19 VACCINE is here and SAFE
If you don’t know your NHS number, you now CAN access the Covid Vaccine (below NHS letter)
Make sure you have the FACTS
Surrey County Council have issued a Coronavirus leaflet
GRT communities can also access advice & support via:
Traveller Movement https://travellermovement.org.uk/
Friends Families & Travellers https://www.gypsy-traveller.org/
‘My right to Healthcare’
A new initiative to help homeless people gain access to healthcare has been launched by charity Groundswell to advise how to access GP services
You do not need a fixed address
You do not need identification
Your immigration status does not matter
You can visit the NHS website for more information https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/how-to-register-with-a-gp-surgery/ or call the NHS England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 311 22 33
Health & care services advice from Friends Families & Travellers (copy & paste into browser)